Walla Walla Sweet Onion and Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
from Joan Deccio Wickham
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 medium Walla Walla Sweet Onion, cut into thin slices
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1-tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices Italian country bread, about
- 1/2 inch thick and 4 inches wide
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
1.Mix together tomatoes, onions, olives, basil, capers in a small bowl. Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and black pepper. Pour over the tomato-onion mixture, and toss. Set aside.
2.Brush the bread with olive oil and grill slices directly over medium heat, turning once, until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes total. Divide the mascarpone evenly among bread slices, spreading it with a knife. Spoon the tomatoonion mixture over the mascarpone cheese, dividing evenly and serve at room temperature.