Walla Walla Sweet Onion Pizza
by Chef Jacques Boiroux
A mountain of mouth-watering Walla Walla Sweet Onions make the perfect topping for this traditional, yet easy to fix pizza.
- 4 Walla Walla Sweet Onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 8 anchovy fillets, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, to brush on pizza pan
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 12 black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 pound frozen bread dough
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. In a large skillet, warm the olive oil. Add the onions, garlic and thyme. Cook until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, olives and cook for 5 more minutes.
Roll the bread dough into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush olive oil on a pizza pan and dust with flour. Place dough on pan. Spread the onion and tomato mixture evenly on top (right to the edge). Arrange the anchovies on top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the crust is crisp. Serve warm or at room temperature.