Walla Walla Sweet Cassoulet
The Keystone Kitchen Recipes
“Courtesy of Chef Dave Munson and Keystone Fruit Marketing, Inc.”
Keystone Kitchen Cassoulet
Description: Walla Walla Sweet Onions teamed with Italian sausage, beans, peppers and Romano cheese in a seasoned tomato sauce is baked to perfection for your dining pleasure.
- 2 lbs. Italian Sausage, Hot and Sweet
- 2 Walla Walla Sweet Onions, Sliced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers, Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 lbs. Mushroom, Mixed Varieties, Sliced
- 3 Cups Seasoned Tomato Sauce
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup Grated Romano Cheese
- 1 Cup Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 30 oz. White Beans
Preparation: Sauté sausage until cooked: drain and remove from pan. To pan add olive oil, onions, peppers, garlic and mushrooms; sauté 5-7 minutes; add beans cook 5 minutes. In baking dish combine sausage, vegetables and tomato sauce. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with cheese and fresh basil.